Ellsworth AFB, SD /
AFGSC SATAF /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Civil Engineering Lead at HQ AFGSC. Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command (HQ AFGSC), Directorate of Strategic Plans, Programs and Requirements (A5/8) Site Activation Task Force (SATAF) requires program integration office support located at various AFGSC bases, reporting to HQ AFGSC/A5F. This contract provides Advisory and Assistance (A&AS) to HQ AFGSC with essential expertise and capabilities to ensure AFGSC’s bed-down requirements in support of the MH-139 helicopter, B-21 bomber, Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) and other new weapons systems.
This position is offering a relocation bonus.
What you'll be doing:
- Organize, direct and coordinate complex projects within critical segments of major operating programs involving facility essential systems and Real Property and Real Property Installed Equipment supporting the infrastructure of Bomber weapon system, Nuclear Command and Control Communications, and/or aircraft operations.
- Serve as consultant and technical expert to senior subject matter specialists and/or agency officials responsible for broad program operations.
- Provide assistance with planning, programming, developing requirements, cost estimates, and performing engineering management work for significant multi-phase projects that normally cross engineering disciplines and require professional technical knowledge of general engineering principles.
- Participate on an engineering team and assist in the planning, survey, scope development, cost estimating, and phased scheduling of projects and requirements.
- Evaluate and advise the Government on installation requests for new construction, renovation, and improvements of facilities and infrastructure.
- Support the generation of independent Government cost estimates (IGCEs) for projects.
- Ensure federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the project development cycle.
- Coordinate the draft preparation and reviews of architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW). Assist with providing criteria and standards for specialized, difficult, and unusual requirements to include nuclear certification conditions.
- Assist the Government with the review of engineering plans, specifications, and cost estimates of A&E firms or other design agents to ensure design excellence, successful requirements capture, and compliance with specifications and codes.
- Provide assistance working with organizational managers, budget personnel, and engineering authorities to develop and gain approval for proposed construction, maintenance, and repair projects.
- Provide project management communication support for large and complex projects requiring interface with stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress at the installation(s), and provide inputs and guidance to higher HQ levels on performance.
- Provide assistance on the inspection/surveillance of assigned projects.
- Provide accurate, effective, and timely project close-out assistance and support.
- Advise the Government on operations and maintenance procedures for projects nearing completion.
- Provide assistance in project life-cycle review and post-construction after action reporting and lessons learned capture.
What you'll need:
- BS in Engineering from ABET accredited college or university.
- 3 years of experience in base-level or MAJCOM facility project planning, programming, and management.
- 5 years of experience with engineering or project management support.
- 5 years of experience with documentation of engineering goals, objectives and requirements.
- 5 years of ICBM infrastructure and/or military facility management experience including operations management, design, construction administration and project programming.
- Top Secret clearance is required
- MAJCOM or higher-level experience is highly desired.
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D