Peterson AFB, CO /
Professional Services – SOCNORTH /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a Budget Analyst position to support SOCNORTH J8 as part of an integrated team at Peterson SFB, CO.
What you will be doing:
- Support the J8 as part of an integration team comprised of contractor and SOFM Government personnel to achieve key tasks related to DoD audit readiness.
- Support FIAR Discovery Efforts with the goal of identifying and documenting financial processes from inception to reporting and support documenting all related key risks of material mismanagement, control objectives, and internal controls.
- Support FIAR Correlation Efforts with a goal of designing solutions to mitigate deficiencies for final control activities, processes, supporting documentation and/or systems and provide the Government a comprehensive design plan for the audit-ready environment and corrective action plans for addressing deficiencies.
- Support Assertion Efforts by compiling a complete audit-ready process and systems documentation trail that reflects the current, integrated process environment and documents the existence of sufficient and appropriate supporting documentation to permit the Government to assert audit readiness.
- Support the FIAR liaison with a goal of communicating and coordinating all FIAR activities between SOCNORTH, USSOCOM, and OSD FIAR representatives; component and sub-unified commands; service providers; and other external organizations.
- Support cross-flowing information from FIAR to the SOCNORTH MICP, including reviewing MICP requirements and tasks and providing input from similar processes and findings from FIAR program.
- Assist in the processing of SOCNORTH documents in the ABSS, DEAMS, and DTS, CRIS, and other financial management systems, as necessary, and maintain proficiency on constantly changing processes/systems to efficiently audit processes and data within those systems.
- Analyze and examine accounting data and accounts to resolve complex, non-standard transactions, complaints, or discrepancies and monitor fund balances and maintain records to ensure funds are managed IAW statutes and DoD and Service financial regulations.
What you will need:
- Secret clearance required.
- 10 years of applicable experience providing budgeting, accounting, and FIAR support in the DoD environment.
- Hands-on and proven expertise with ABSS, DEAMS, DTS, CRIS, and/or other financial management tools in use by COCOM clients.
- Understanding of FIAR Discovery, Correlation, and Assertion processes.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or 6 years of additional relevant experience.
- Completion of DoD Fiscal Law training course highly desired.
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D