SAF/AQX - Portfolio Manager (Senior)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Portfolio Manager (Senior) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQX which provides expert advice and integrated acquisition positions to the Service Acquisition Executive (SAE), AF leadership, PEOs and Program Managers (PMs) on planning, programming, budgeting, execution, and acquisition oversight/reporting for AF acquisition programs. Serves as the SAF/AQ focal point for urgent needs, requirements, program integration, Earned Value Management, affordability, business tool, policy, and acquisition reform initiatives.
This position supports a broad range of capabilities in-line with supporting an IT Management organization to include supporting efforts in systems architecture, IT portfolio management, software development, data management and office workflow.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Perform systems and data analysis.
- Support planning and control of IT investments; preparing certification and compliance documentation for review and submittal
- Analyze business operations and recommending actions to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Assess and recommend IT modernization and transformation initiatives
- Develop and maintaining process documentation
- Support systems and data architecture activities
- Perform records management
What you'll need:
- MA/MS; 12 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree. BA/BS degree plus 8 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree.
- Years of experience: >10
- Relevant experience in acquisition management, development, or analysis or IT/automation tool management, development, or analysis
- Experience with business systems preferred
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D