Colorado Springs, CO /
Engineering Programs – USNORTHCOM /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a System Administrator at North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), US Northern Command (USNORTHCOM). This position will provide training support to NORAD, USNORTHCOM, and Joint Training, Exercise and Wargaming Directorate (J73) with Missile Warning Training Suite (MWTS) and Command and Control (C2) system software.
What you will be doing
- Maintain NORAD Distributed Training Environment (NDTE) servers, workstations, C2 systems and Modeling and Simulation (M&S) tools running Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Install, configure, maintain and operate NDTE virtualized C2 systems within VMware vCenter Server, ESXi, vSphere Client and workstations.
- Maintain and operate NDTE virtualized Battle Control Systems-Fixed (BCS-F) emulating the real-world air defense sectors to feed simulated air warning data into the virtualized Remote Tactical Air Picture (RTAP), stand-alone exercise Global Command and Control System (GCCS) and Agile Client to train NORAD-NORTHCOM Command Center (N2C2) operators and N-NC/J73 instructors within Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Base and leadership.
- Maintain and operate NDTE virtualized Missile and Space Defense workstation Processing Display Subsystem-Migration (PDS-M) Virtual Machines (VM).
- Install, configure and provide first look troubleshooting of the Joint Integrated Ballistic Missile Defense/Missile Warning Training System (JIMDTS) zero clients and Cisco devices within Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station (CMSFS) and Peterson Space Force Base (PSFB) Bldg2 NORAD and USNORTHCOM Joint Operations Center (JOC).
- Perform remediation and configuration on all NDTE systems to meet Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Information Assurance (IA) compliance standards.
- Information assurance includes the implementation and use of Host Based Security System (HBSS), Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and performing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) actions.
- Develop, document and update procedures for the Risk Management Framework (RMF) package on NDTE.
- Develop, document and update procedures to train N-NC/J73 branch personnel to start, stop, configure and operate virtualized C2 systems and M&S tools comprised within NDTE.
What you will need:
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Capable of installing, configuring and managing VMware ESXi and vCenter version 7 and later.
- RHEL4 and later experience.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager knowledge.
- Domain Name System (DNS), Active Directory and Group Policy Objects (GPO’s) with Microsoft Server 2019 experience.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) experience.
- Hewlett Packard DL series rack mounted servers experience
- Configure and manage Host Based Security System (HBSS) and Assured Compliance Solution (ACAS).
- NetApp experience.
- Configure and manage Cisco devices.
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems experience preferred.
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $90,000-$110,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D