SAF/AQR - Physical Scientist (Senior)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Physical Scientist (Senior) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQR which serves as the Air Force S&T Executive, Air Force Acquisition Chief Engineer and Technical Authority, the Air Force Corrosion Control and Prevention Executive, Air Force Standardization Executive, and functional manager for the S&E career field. Develops and implements plans, policies, and procedures for Air Force S&T, laboratory management, technology transition (to include Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations (JCTD)), Technology Cooperation Program, technology transfer, development planning (DP), and experimentation.
This position provides scientific acumen and experience with complex integrated cross-disciplinary technologies to short-term career-broadening personnel, as well as vital independent analysis for integration across the PEOs.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Study, analyze, and provide recommendations on requirements, acquisition strategies, research and acquisition program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution
- Provide impartial assessments of approaching milestone decisions and of prime Contractor technical and operational issues on programs within the oversight of SAF/AQR
- Research and provide technical analysis for the preparation of science & technology programmatic documentation and responses to Congressional, DoD, Air Force Secretariat, and/or Air Staff
- Research and analyze program trends, identifying issues, and recommending solutions
- Analyze weapon systems architecture and integration and identify issues
- Identify operational deficiencies and other key issues, conducting research to develop alternatives, and provide recommendations and support for resolution
- Perform weapon system/technology/cost trade-off studies.
- Review and assess technical, operational, and management concepts, documents, and specifications
- Assess the capability of weapon system science and technology program alternatives to provide the required capability
- Make ties between technology gaps and S&T efforts
- Provide advice for use of S&T efforts to future force
What you'll need:
- MA/MS; 12 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree. BA/BS degree plus 8 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree.
- Years of experience: >10
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D