Schriever AFB, CO /
Operations & Maintenance Programs – 50th CES /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a Electrical Engineer at Schriever Air Force Base (SAFB). The Schriever Air Force Base (SAFB) 50 Civil Engineer Squadron (CES), Engineering Flight is comprised of military, federal civilian, and contracted professionals who are responsible for providing technical expertise and guidance on a variety of engineering design and construction requirements from planning, programming, and design through execution.
This position will support and provide assistance, advice, and consultation to meet SAFB/CE mission objectives. The professional services include performing tasks and providing deliverables, which result in organized data, analytical assessments, and specific technical expertise. The data collected and documented by the Contractor shall provide critical information and data used by SAFB decision makers in support of current United States Air Force (USAF)/ United States Space Force (USSF) Civil Engineering (CE) policy execution, development of new plans and procedures, and implementation of future CE endeavors.
What you will be doing:
- Provide technical support and facilities planning in support of the Electrical Engineering Program, to include providing professional reviews, assessments, and assisting in development, design work and execution of projects.
- Review customer submitted work requests for understanding and clarity of the scope of work requested.
- Schedule meetings as required with customers submitting work requests to understand the facility requirements.
- Work with the 50 CES programming staff employees to develop programming documents and enter information into the Air Force (AF) utilized database to create a project in accordance with AF Civil Engineering processes. This effort includes developing the initial estimated cost for the defined work. When possible, work with the 50 CES programming staff to bundle work efforts into a single project
- Create statements of work documentation to facilitate the solicitation of the requested facility work or for design-bid-build projects develop complete drawings and specifications. This effort applies to projects that are strictly electrical in nature as well as multi-disciplined projects requiring an electrical engineer’s input.
- Manage A-E design efforts on projects that are both electrical engineering in nature only as well as projects that require electrical engineering expertise. Conduct comprehensive review of A-E furnished draft design documents (e.g. 35% / 65% / 95% / 100%/ back-check drawings, specifications, design analysis, cost-estimate), for applicability, maintainability, constructability, meeting user requirements, industry standards, base standards, and applicable regulatory guidance, providing concise, consolidated, organized, and actionable written feedback via a Comment Review Matrix for corrective action to be conducted in subsequent submittals by the A-E Firm, within 3-7 business days of receipt of submittal.
- Lead in-house design efforts on electrical engineering projects to include but not be limited to: design, design review, and developing of complete acquisition packages as defined by the Contracting Officer (CO), and prepare complete project acquisition package for submission to 50th Contracting Squadron (CONS) within one month of assignment.
- Provide electrical engineering technical expertise on MILCON projects as requested by a MILCON Project Manager
- Estimated tasks include:
- Review of 40 – 50 tasks orders annually with associated meeting with customers
- Work with programmers to program 40 – 50 task orders into projects annually
- Manage 20 – 30 projects annually, to include design, SOW development etc.
- Assist with 3 – 4 MILCON projects annually
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with 5 years cumulative experience
- High-level subject matter expertise for work described in the task.
- Uptime Institute standards.
- Demonstrated work experience with medium and high voltage power distribution.
- Design and prepare reports, studies, and related documentation, makes charts and graphs to record results, prepares and delivers presentations, training, and briefings as required by the task order.
- Consultation on complex projects which require high level experience and knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $95,000-$115,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D