J36 – Satellite Communications Policy Management SME
Schriever AFB, CO
USSPACECOM – USSPACECOM Advisory and Assistance Services /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a SATCOM Communications Policy Management SME to support of USSPACECOM J36. In this role you will support J36 development and technical writing of SATCOM Policies and Procedures, support discussions and negotiations with International Partners related to SATCOM resource sharing analyzing requirements and drafting supporting MOU/MOA and advise the Government on compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Arms Export Control Act (AECA), and other applicable export control laws.
What you will be doing:
- Providing high quality technical writing, editorial, and other document development expertise necessary to update and coordinate SATCOM policies and procedures, responses to external organizations, staff documentation, and coordinate and support document production and distribution.
- Drafting and coordinating communications plans and procedures documents that support both survivable and endurable connectivity from the President to strategic global forces such as strategies, concept of operations, orders, directives, plans, procedures, instructions, reports, and inputs to other technical documents.
- Participating in exploratory discussions and negotiations with NATO and foreign entities to ensure SATCOM access, operational procedures, and assessment of agreements are performed and preparing MOA/MOU for use with key allies and coalition partners.
- Advising Government personnel as to whether information is subject to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Arms Export Control Act (AECA), and other applicable export control laws.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated experience developing or supporting development of SATCOM policies and procedures for at least one (1) of the systems identified below (preferably more).
- Systems: EHF/Polar: Milstar, EPS, AEHF, MCPTi, MPE. Narrowband: TDSPP, FLTSAT, JMINI, IBS, JUOS, UFO. Wideband: WGS, GBS.
- Strong technical writing/editing skills and ability to satisfy requirements with minimal oversight.
- Combatant Command or similar headquarters-level staff officer experience.
- Knowledge of DoD SATCOM apportionment and resource allocation tools and processes.
- Deep experience working with International Partners and ensuring compliance with ITAR, AECA and other export control laws.
- TS/SCI clearance required.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $135,000-145,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D