Operations Research / Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Analyst
Peterson AFB, CO /
Space Phase lll /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a Space Domain Awareness Analyst to join our team at Peterson Space Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO.
The SDA Analyst will provide decision-makers with integrated warfighter analysis and assessments for current and future Space system capabilities, provide validation and verification (V&V) of critical Space Situational Awareness (SSA) algorithms and data, as well as provide analytical support to pivot the Space Situational Awareness Mission Area to a Space Domain Awareness mindset.
What you will be doing:
- Design and run V&V efforts of astrodynamics algorithms used at Space C2 centers (e.g. 18 SPCS and NSDC)
- Assist in validation of SSN, non-traditional, commercial space surveillance sensor data
- Analyze algorithm deficiencies and identify possible mitigation procedures and/or replacement algorithms at both the C2 and sensor end of the SSA enterprise
- Develop prototype algorithms to solve operational SSA/SDA problems.
- Set up Design of Experiments to analyze potential TTP improvements and/or alternative methods employed at the C2 or Sensor sites
- Provide SSA Mission area analysis and assessments for space C2 and sensor systems
- Provide numerical validation of SSA C2 system algorithms and sensor data
- V&V to support SSA Ops Acceptance (OA) decisions
- Technical lead for integration/OA of traditional/non-traditional sensors and data sources
- Support Ops Concept/TTP development
- Develop/maintain Enterprise-wide astrodynamic software to ensure SSA system interoperability
- Provide subject matter expertise to solve technical operational issues
- Research and develop algorithms and/or methods to improve SSA performance
- Analysis support for requirements development, AoAs, AoOs, MUAs, etc. as required
What you will need:
- Master of Science degree in operations research or a theoretical science field
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with astrodynamics software
- Strong quantitative and analytic abilities to integrate and analyze data
- High motivation, creativity, and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- An active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Ph.D. in operations research or a theoretical science field
- Experience in DoD space and joint force programs
- TS/SCI security clearance
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $115,00-$125,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D