J36 – Satellite Communications Planning Subject Matter Expert
Schriever AFB, CO
USSPACECOM – USSPACECOM Advisory and Assistance Services /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Satellite Communications Planning SME to support of USSPACECOM J36. In this role you will support planning, allocation, and synchronization of DoD satellite communications resources across wide, narrow, and protected frequency bands using various SATCOM management tools, support policy development and support development of SATCOM sharing arrangements with International Partners.
What you will be doing:
- Providing strategic global SATCOM planning to support resource allocation for apportionment, deployment, implementation, and coalition plans.
- Conducting integrated, system-level planning and coordination for all SATCOM systems in support of strategic and global operations, including intelligence, commercial and allied SATCOM resources.
- Providing subject matter expertise on specific SATCOM system operations and user demand trends to assist in developing policies and procedures, apportionment plans, constellation deployment plans, satellite positioning and repositioning plans, and supporting government implementation processes.
- Supporting resource arbitration processes to resolve conflicts resulting from apportionment decisions, allocation, and spacecraft positioning and outages, and supporting Satellite Database (SDB) operational assessments and processing SDB waivers in support of urgent SATCOM access requirements.
- Representing J36 in meetings and joint conferences to review and validate SATCOM requirements such as Joint SATCOM Architecture Working Groups, providing subject matter expertise and analyzing operational user requirements.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated relevant experience with or education in communication principles and theory in SATCOM, access processes, and at least one (1) related SATCOM system and planning tool listed below.
- Systems: EHF/Polar: Milstar, EPS, AEHF, MCPTi, MPE. Narrowband: TDSPP, FLTSAT, JMINI, IBS, JUOS, UFO. Wideband: WGS, GBS.
- Tools: MPE, MCPTI. JMINI. JSMPS. JIST.
- Experience in a system engineering related field with a specialization in computer science, information technology, or electrical engineering (10+ years’ experience in lieu of degree) and strategic global SATCOM planning processes.
- TS/SCI clearance required.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $135,000-$145,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D