Business Development Manager (Remote)
Jersey City, NJ /
Business Development /
Full-time - Remote
Methods & Metrics is a marketing firm that specializes in launching and scaling consumer brands. Our mission is to “always be people first”, ensuring that we are focused on our employees, clients, and their customers. We believe in empowering smart people to come up with smart ideas. Come create the future of marketing with us.
Learn more about us at www.methodsandmetrics.com
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Business Development Manager to join our quickly expanding team. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing a new business strategy and managing new business pitches.
The ideal candidate will be a sharp, self-driven, and personable individual who is excited to explore business development and growth strategies for a remote marketing firm. Business development experience in an agency setting is key.
If you’re passionate about business development and want to work with a marketing firm that is a leader in the industry, this could be the perfect position for you. You should be committed, hard-working, independent, intellectually curious, and have a good sense of humor.
- Define, develop, and execute a new business strategy
- Identify our growth proposition, with a focus on continuing to evolve our client engagements from project to long-term strategic engagements
- Lead and manage outreach to new prospects through email, calls, video, and social networks.
- Qualitatively identify growth opportunities and proactively initiate new client conversations
- Quantitatively size and prioritize opportunities
- Handle approaches and follow up on new business leads
- Help lead pitch presentations and complete RFP/RFIs
- Contribute to presentations and other marketing materials
- Develop and maintain a client and prospect database
- Conduct targeted marketing, outbound activities and intermediary engagement
- Leverage existing partnerships and look to develop new ones
- Leverage an understanding of digital and offline marketing to drive end-end new business activity
- Quickly grasp clients' motivations and needs, and establish a potential response
- Understand what is buyable for clients at the point they're at in the journey
- Be strategic and energetic to quickly build strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Travel at times to meet with team members and prospective clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferred concentration in Marketing/Advertising/Communications a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in Media Agencies
- Direct experience working on new business proposals and pitches
- Engaging communicator over the phone, on video, and in-person.
- Must be an excellent writer; attention to detail and precision in both thinking and written work product are important
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, exhibit a high degree of initiative and intellectual curiosity
- Must genuinely enjoy engaging with people, asking questions, and learning about them.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Superb organization and ability to juggle multiple priorities at once
- Working knowledge of business tools (Wrike, Slack, GSuite, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote)
- Must be proficient with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite), and relationship management (e.g., we use Salesforce as our CRM).
- Must have a clean, quiet work environment suitable for video conferencing and a sense of good “digital etiquette.”
Reasons to join the team at Methods & Metrics
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Nurturing learning environment with growth opportunities
- Annual team retreat & off-site
- Access to industry conferences & events
- Exceptional health & dental insurance with flexible company-paid plans
- Flexible vacation policy