Data & Analytics Manager (Remote)
Jersey City, NJ /
Analytics & Data /
Full-time - Remote
Methods & Metrics is a marketing firm that specializes in launching and scaling consumer brands. Our mission is to “always be people first”, ensuring that we are focused on our employees, clients, and their customers. We believe in empowering smart people to come up with smart ideas. Come create the future of marketing with us.
Learn more about us at www.methodsandmetrics.com
We’re looking for a passionate Data & Analytics Manager to join our expanding team. The Data & Analytics Manager will be responsible for designing and performing the data systems and statistical analyses that continuously improve our efficiency and campaign impact.
The ideal candidate should have experience producing innovative and actionable quantitative models and analyses to address the challenges of marketing effectiveness and business growth.
If you’re passionate about marketing data and analytics and want to work with leaders in the industry, this could be the perfect position for you. You should be committed, hard-working, independent, intellectually curious, and have a good sense of humor.
- Play an instrumental role in evolving and designing new, innovative measurement tools.
- Oversee the creation of clear and robust campaign reporting with valuable and actionable insights
- Coordinate ad hoc requests for data and insights from content, product, and business strategy groups and deliver results
- Build a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help account and strategy teams build comprehensive measurement, and test & learn plans
- Develop effective and useful tools that enable flawless digital ad campaign execution.
- Research, evaluate and implement statistical methods to track metrics
- You will stay current on industrial and research trends, positioning, and customer needs.
- Work in a team environment as well as self sufficiently
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, related quantitative discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in technology management within marketing analytics, and experience with media and the statistical algorithms typically used in the field.
- Experience in data science with a focus on statistical modeling, machine learning, forecasting and optimization (Marketing Mix Modeling, Pricing Promotion, Forecasting)
- Strong working-knowledge of data visualization tools (Mode, Looker, Google Data Studios, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Python, R, database management and data automation
- Practical expertise with leading product analytics software tools, preferably Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, and a willingness and ability to combine internal and external methods to gather and analyze data
- Technology-savvy with an understanding of evolving media and content landscape and trends
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work independently with little supervision within a team environment
- Must be proficient with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack) and productivity (e.g., GSuite).
- Must have a clean, quiet work environment suitable for video conferencing and a sense of good “digital etiquette.”
Reasons to join the team at Methods & Metrics
- Exciting culture and group atmosphere
- Nurturing learning environment with growth opportunities
- Annual team retreat & off-site
- Access to industry conferences & events
- Exceptional health & dental insurance with flexible company-paid plans
- Flexible vacation policy