Demiurge Studios is seeking an experienced Development Director to lead talented teams as they create mobile games. You will be an integral part of the team’s leadership. Development Directors are asked to protect schedules, manage budgets, and shepherd our games into the hands of players!
- Collaborate with project and studio leadership to evaluate trade-offs among scope, time-to-market, and quality
- Proactively identify and assess risks in technology, timeline, and staffing
- Synthesize design vision and product goals into a plan and schedule for software releases with meaningful increments in value
- Engage your development team on a daily basis, prioritizing and assigning tasks, and ensure they do real work every day
- Anticipate, discover, confront, and resolve problems and unexpected dependencies
- Coordinate development efforts from the front line, focusing effort and keeping your team motivated
- Close the loop with stakeholders, sharing progress and setting expectations
- Develop and improve your team's practices to do it even better the next time
- 4+ years game industry experience
- 2+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing artists, designers and engineers
- Development Director or Manager credit on at least one shipped title for console, mobile, or PC
- Experience running teams under a variety of agile and fixed-time development processes
- Able to facilitate brainstorming and mediate decision making for a team of enthusiastic developers and leads
- Experience managing cohesive, creative teams ranging in size from 5 to 20 people
- Able to author clear milestone delivery documents
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
Preference to Applicants with
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering
- Engineering, Art, or Design credits on at least one shipped title for console, mobile, or PC
- Experience developing an online multiplayer title
- Experience in live operations for a free-to-play title
- Experience with Jira
- Expertise with Excel
- An understanding of online and social gaming features
- A love of video games!
- Outside interests!!
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002 and acquired in 2015 by SEGA Networks, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like our recent hits, Marvel Puzzle Quest and SEGA Heroes. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.