Demiurge is seeking an experienced and inspiring Game Director to lead our next project!
A Game Director at Demiurge becomes the "CEO of the Game", managing the creation of one or more of our hit games. You lead a talented development team through all phases of product growth.
You have vast experience and are able to share that knowledge with others. You know games, players, the market landscape, development processes, performance indicators, contract negotiations, outsource management, budgets, risk mitigation, and when to roll the dice.
- Oversee the development of a mobile/PC free-to-play title: from concept to live operations
- Lead a team of stellar developers through an enjoyable, rewarding development experience
- Take responsibility for key performance indicators of the game
- Drive the project schedule, including the roadmap and backlog
- Own and maintain the project P&L. Make key decisions regarding what to focus on, when, and to what degree.
- Interface with publishing and external resources to ensure a smooth development process for all involved. Evangelize your title internally and externally.
- A love for playing and creating games
- Shipped at least 2 successful free-to-play mobile titles as Project Development Lead or Product Manager
- 5+ years in the gaming industry
- Deep and broad understanding of free-to-play game design, the mobile gaming landscape, and data-informed decision making
- Production planning and day-to-day operational experience
- Experience running a structured pre-production practice to maximize production development efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Bonus points for a relevant masters degree.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Outside interests!
- Expertise in Puzzle RPG and/or Card Battle games
- In-the-trenches development experience
- Strong UX design capability
- Experience running prototyping teams
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002 and acquired in 2015 by SEGA, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible mobile games like our recent hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.