2024 Associate Software Engineer
We’re looking for promising engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for games and a love for programming, we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported. Come join us!
- Work closely with artists and designers to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Deliver high quality, functional systems to specification
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop and iterate on game features
- Provide ongoing support to artists and designers
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
- Strong programming skills
- Deep knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
Preference to applicants with experience :
- Developing software in a professional environment
- Developing software using agile methodologies
- Developing games with the Unreal and/or Unity Game Engines
- Working in C++ and/or C#
- Developing apps or games for mobile platforms
Headquartered in Boston, MA at Demiurge you will find a studio with an amazing, collaborative culture and a deep respect for art in all our games. With over 20 years of game development expertise and teams all over North America our commitment to sane and sustainable development is well known in the game community. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In this capacity, Demiurge has worked with some of the industry’s biggest hitters on exciting projects including Marvel Puzzle Quest, Teamfight Tactics, and Hearthstone Battlegrounds to name a few. This is an exciting time to join Demiurge as we are developing our own independent titles as well. With tons of challenges and opportunities ahead we are always looking for great talent! If you are looking for an exciting, creative, and collaborative studio come join us on Demiurge's next journey!
At Demiurge, we celebrate our differences and know that diverse perspectives empower us to build a stronger company and better games.
We work hard to create an equitable, safe and accessible work environment where all Demiurgers are empowered to be themselves and do their best work regardless of race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or physical or mental ability.
We thrive on self-reflection, healthy debate, and mindful listening. We respect each other's opinions and seek new ideas.
We denounce hate, discrimination and racism in all forms.
What Demiurge offers:
Flexible work environment (remote, hybrid, or office: you choose!)
Generous PTO program including vacation days, sick days, and holidays. Earn-as-you-go plan that rolls over year to year, offering flexibility as well as the last week of December the studio closes to recharge
Medical benefits with PPO options that start on your first day of employment
Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - Let us help you with your medical deductible!
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (HC & DC FSA)
Commuter Reimbursement Program (Commuter FSA)
Tuition reimbursement promoting lifelong learning
So. Many. Games. - Access to our huge game library!
As well as a state of the art Boston studio with in office perks:
Free snacks and drinks!
Demi-Lunch Tuesday - Lunch is on us!
Game Night Food
Step Mania! Get your dance on!
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.