UX/UI Artist - New Mobile Midcore (Potential for remote work)
Cambridge, MA /
Demiurge is searching for an experienced UX designer/UI artist to join our talented UI team. You are a diligent student of the best and newest game interface, across all platforms. You're comfortable making a wireframe, creating a pixel-perfect 'play' button, and diving into an engine to implement multiple click states and transitions. Through every phase of development, you're great at communicating with your team, adapting to what our players are saying, and testing new solutions.
At Demiurge you'll find a stable studio with an amazing, collaborative culture and a deep respect for UI in our mobile games. Our commitment to sane and sustainable development is well known in the Boston game community. We're working on exciting new projects with tons of fascinating UI challenges and opportunities. This is a great opportunity to flex your skills and develop new ones - join us!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Create amazing, intuitive interfaces for our games!
- Create & revise screen layouts and wireframes.
- Develop and implement beautiful, game-ready UI assets.
- Work closely with design and engineering to establish feature requirements and deliver fun, engaging experiences.
- Critique your own and others' work constructively, and raise our internal artistic bar.
- 1+ shipped mobile title.
- 3+ years experience working on Game UX and UI.
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of the many requirements and steps involved in delivering high quality interface art.
- Skilled with industry tools: Illustrator, XD, Figma, Photoshop, Sketch, etc.
- Experience working in game engines: Unreal, Unity, or equivalent.
- Strong sense of graphic design, font, color.
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates game-specific UI in a breadth of skill, styles, genres.
- Must be eligible to work in United States.
Preference to Applicants with:
- Traditional illustration/fine arts training.
- Experience in mobile, console, and pc interface development.
- Additional shipped titles.
- BFA (or higher).
- Passion for games of all sorts.
- Outside interests!
Demiurge Studios is a rapidly growing video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.