Lead/Senior Game Designer
Cambridge, MA /
Demiurge Studios is seeking a talented, experienced, game designer to help lead our team to success. You'll collaborate with our internal design team during all stages of development as we launch new games for a voracious, passionate audience, and refine and extend them while they're live.
Your communication skills, organization, focus on iteration, and polish are all legendary. You've led teams of designers who would love to work with you again, and you've got a portfolio of shipped games that demonstrate your skills. People come to you for insightful feedback and advice on gnarly design problems. You can pinpoint the key characteristics necessary for a game's success and relentlessly prioritize to make them shine. You love games of all sorts - and it's clear to you that the best, most rewarding game of all... is making a great game for others to enjoy.
- Collaborate with artists, engineers, producers and team management in an iterative, agile development process
- Drive gameplay, systems, and content design through all development phases, from concept to live operations
- Once live, design responses to performance indicators and customer feedback
- Help to drive the project schedule, including the roadmap and backlog
- Task and review design team's output
- Provide both high-level game design direction and hands-on design implementation
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- Evangelize your title internally and externally.
- 3+ years of professional video game industry experience as a lead/senior designer
- 2+ complete product cycles from concept to ship, including at least one in a senior design role
- Strong knowledge of basic game design and design theory
- Reliable scheduling/time management skills
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Preference to applicants with
- UX design capability
- Experience running prototyping teams
- Game programming or scripting experience
- Mastery of 3D level design
Creating games is our passion. We bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.