Software Engineer - Mobile Robots
At Demiurge, your role will be deploying and learning and control algorithms for mobile robotic platforms (e.g. level-4 autonomous vehicles).
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Develop automated unit and stress testing.
- Developing coding standards and best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Write well architecture, robust and maintainable code using company coding standard.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to understand their testing needs.
- PhD or Masters in computer science, machine learning, robotics, or a related discipline.
- One or more years of experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired Skills and expreience
- DL frameworks such as Caffe, Theano, Pylearn 2, Torch.
- One or more years of experiences with participating in top-tier projects developing level-4 autonomous vehicles with sophisticated arrays of sensors and actuators.
- Background in aerospace engineering, robotics, lidar perception, radar signal processing, machine vision, and/or audio processing
- One or more years of experiences with self-supervised learning.
- One or more years of experiences with multimodal embedding.
- One or more years of experiences with deep reinforcement learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Experience in a regulated, safety critical, or quality managed environment.
- Extensive experience as a contributor to large open-source frameworks.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor