Research Scientist - Deep Learning
- Develop state-of-the-art deep neural network models capable of self-supervised learning, one-shot learning and online learning deployed on mobile robotic platforms.
- Deploy and test deep neural networks on video-based benchmark datasets and on autonomous vehicle platforms.
- Postdoc or PhD in computer vision, machine learning or robotics, or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven state-of-the-art theoretical and practical research experience at the intersection of deep learning and neuroscience.
- Proven programming experience in writing, reviewing and shipping product-level code with C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Experience with developing perception, learning, navigation or control algorithms in leading autonomous driving projects.
- Experience with Machine Learning for 3D object classification.
- One or more publications in top-tier machine learning and computer vision journals or conferences (e.g. ECCV, ICCV, CVPR, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, PAMI).
- Participated in TIKKI, ImageNet, TRECVid, DARPA competitions one or more times.
- Skilled in programming with C/C++ and scripting languages, real-time constraints, hardware interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C.) and RTOS (real-time operating systems).
- Able to effectively document and communicate deployment and testing procedure
- Ability to innovate and apply new automated testing methods
- Able to work in a fast changing environment with requirements that can change regularly
- Relevant Matlab/Simulink tool proficiency
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- Background in computational and experimental neuroscience.
- Experience with deep reinforcement learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Extensive experience as a contributor to open-source frameworks.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of challenges
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor