Software Engineer - Deep Learning
- Develop state-of-the-art deep neural network models capable of self-supervised learning, one-shot learning and online learning deployed on mobile robotic platforms.
- Deploy and test deep neural networks on video-based benchmark datasets and on autonomous vehicle platforms.
- Postdoc or PhD in computer vision, machine learning or robotics, or equivalent industry experience.
- Proven state-of-the-art theoretical and practical research experience at the intersection of deep learning and neuroscience.
- Proven programming experience in writing, reviewing and shipping product-level code with C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Experience with developing perception, learning, navigation or control algorithms in leading autonomous driving projects.
- Experience with Machine Learning for 3D object classification.
- One or more publications in top-tier machine learning and computer vision journals or conferences (e.g. ECCV, ICCV, CVPR, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, PAMI).
- Participated in TIKKI, ImageNet, TRECVid, DARPA competitions one or more times.
- Skilled in programming with C/C++ and scripting languages, real-time constraints, hardware interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C.) and RTOS (real-time operating systems).
- Able to effectively document and communicate deployment and testing procedure
- Ability to innovate and apply new automated testing methods
- Able to work in a fast changing environment with requirements that can change regularly
- Relevant Matlab/Simulink tool proficiency
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- Background in computational and experimental neuroscience.
- Experience with deep reinforcement learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Extensive experience as a contributor to open-source frameworks.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of challenges
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.