Electrical Engineer-Consumer Product
At Demiurge, your role will be designing low-cost PCBs to implement neural network algorithms for autonomous vehicle prototype platforms.
- Iterate the design of low-cost consumer electronics capable of multi-sensor and multi-actuator real-time interactions, conforming to marketing, engineering, and regulatory requirements, with sensitivity to cost and quality tradeoffs at 1M+ volumes.
- Maintain schematics, BOM, and layout in Altium Designer.
- Discover and resolve complex electrical problems and manufacturing issues (quality, cost, and yield, etc.), from early design stages to mass production.
- Ph.D or Masters in electrical engineering, or a related field; or advanced degree and equivalent industry experience.
- Proven state-of-the-art research and product experience in designing analog and digital circuits and building validation and verification infrastructure solving a variety of real-world sensing and actuation problems.
- Five or more years of experience in designing electronics towards taking a high volume consumer design to market.
- Three or more years of experience in mixed analog and digital design and layout experiences.
- Skilled in programming with Linux, C/C++ and scripting languages, real-time constraints, hardware interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, UART, SPI, I2C.) and RTOS (real-time operating systems).
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience with Mentor DX designer schematic capture tool, Verilog, C/C++, MathLab/Simulink, System Verilog languages; Synopsis Synplify, Synopsis VCS, NCSim, ChipScope tool sets desired.
- Experience with top-tier projects developing level-4 autonomous vehicles with sophisticated arrays of sensors and actuators.
- Background in aerospace engineering, robotics, lidar perception, radar signal processing, machine vision, and/or audio processing
- One or more years of experiences with deep reinforcement learning.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Experience in a regulated, safety critical, or quality managed environment.
- Extensive experience as a contributor to large open-source frameworks.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor