Your role is to use, maintain and iterate high-throughput-screening assays to discover hit and lead compounds for neurodegenerative diseases in seamless collaboration with single-cell-transcriptomics neuroscientists and preclinical neurobiologists.
- PhDs in biochemistry or molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- Three or more years of experiences in assay design and usage for screening hit compounds targeting intracellular and extracellular signalling pathways for neurodegenerative diseases.
- One or more publications in Nature, Science, Cell, Neuron, Nature Neuroscience, Nature Methods, Elife or other high-impact journals.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- state-of-the-art knowledge of single-cell-transcriptomics, neurological signalling, and molecular neuropathology.
- one or more experiences with interdisciplinary research at the intersection of basic and translational biochemistry with respect to neurodegenerative diseases and psychiatric disorders.
- Master of strong inference methodology.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.