Your role is to design and conduct GLP-compliance animal experiments in preclinical studies that screen novel drug candidates for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Tenure-track assistant professors or postdoctoral researchers in experimental neuroscience and molecular biology, or a related discipline.
- One or more years of state-of-the-art research experiences that involves the best practices of creating and using mouse lines.
- One or more publications in Nature, Science, Cell, Neuron, Nature Neuroscience, Elife or other high-impact journals.
- Capable of working independently and overcoming challenges without supervision while being a team player.
Desired skills and experience
- One or more experiences with interdisciplinary research at the intersection of basic and translational neuroscience with respect to neurodegenerative diseases and psychiatric disorders.
- One or more years of proven experiences in experimental techniques such as behavior, viral/transgenic approaches, two-photon imaging, electrophysiology.
- Master of strong inference methodology.
- Comfortable with both a logic analyzer and a wrench.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions based on rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of dire condition
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of people
- Resilience and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Described by others as the most radical yet humblest researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Application without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.