Sci-Fi & Fantasy is a unique genre that thrives upon a nuanced interplay between scientific inspirations and literary imaginations just like the interdependence between bones and fleshes of creature.
We have gleaned a plethora of fresh insights about how artificial intelligence would change human life to the extent of spawning as many rich and thorough repertoire of literary ideas as you can.
Issac Asimov’s work was only based on meager scientific inspirations about AI in 1950s. If you are an equally talented and aspiring novelist, first-hand access to the proliferating AI discoveries in 2020s will give you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create a new genre that is not only science fiction, but also science history.
Your can shape the course of world history because families and children can time-travel to the upcoming future through your work where they experience the prosperity of biological and artificial life forms on earth and expand the footprints of humanity by creating artificial life forms for other planets.
Demiurge is the HMS Beagle in the ocean of artificial intelligence, are you both Charles Darwin and Isaac Asimov?
- Create short pieces and eventually a novel series to unfold the full cascade of implications from scientific ideas or technical phenomena.
Desired skills and experience
- Preferred PhD or Masters in neurobiology, infant cognitive psychology, educational psychology, animal studies, creative writing, English literature, and screenwriting. We also consider exceptional applicants with other backgrounds.
- Exceptional ability and track record of developing original and unconventional ideas/theories/models/inventions from rethinking/reinventing the first principles of single or multiple fields.
- Experience in raising animals and robots, publishing relevant papers that have substantial theoretical and experimental original contributions is a plus.
Desired personal qualities
- First-principles-based thinking
- Extraordinary composure and integrity in face of novel conditions
- Ruthless rationality and candor in the pursuit of knowledge
- Profound empathy and charitableness in the matter of interacting with people, animals and robots
- Resilience and fearlessness imagination without limits
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.