Senior New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Manager
Remote, USA /
At Density, we build the infrastructure necessary to measure how people use space. The result of distributing this platform is lower emissions, less waste, better access, safer buildings, and better designed cities. It is a long term pursuit and one we could use your help achieving.
In sum, we make people count. We've raised >$75M from investors such as Kleiner-Perkins, Founders Fund, Upfront Ventures, Ludlow Ventures, and more. We build anonymous, accurate, real-time sensors to determine occupancy and capacity, space planning and design, security, and much more. Our customers include Verizon, Amazon, CBRE, LinkedIn, Stripe, Delta Airlines, the GSA, Notre Dame, Salesforce, and many of the Fortune 500 as well as Universities and SMBs. We're certified and shipping to over 30 countries and are Made in the USA.
We are unique in that we have a complete, vertically integrated software, hardware, and services team in-house. This extends to our design, development, and manufacturing capabilities which can be seen in action here (https://youtu.be/y6SKWBX2GKM).
As a Sr. NPI PM at Density, you will oversee all activities necessary to achieve overall program objectives based on product and marketing requirements. You will clearly define and document design trade-offs; identify multi-functional design dependencies and risks; and engage cross-functional partners for product definition decisions. You will enable and shepherd the development effort by crafting and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process; facilitating communications and collaboration across engineering and operations functions; and briefing on project status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors up to the Executive Team.
In this role you will:
- Lead a cross-functional team of personnel from Operations, Hardware Engineering, Embedded Systems, Algorithm, Software Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Design to realize and deliver new products and services to our global customers
- Run weekly NPRs (New Product Reviews)
- Manage the end-to-end Development Cycle
- Develop and drive project schedules
- Be responsible for project costs and budgets
- Uphold our top-notch product quality & reliability expectations
- Capacitize and plan for product availability at volume
- Consider product requirements and customer experience at every stage of development
- Drive compliance, certifications, & internationalization readiness
- Ensure materials (BOM), equipment, tooling, fixtures, staffing, training, and SOPs are in place at our manufacturing sites
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of experience in Program Management and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Experience in manufacturing and product development required
- Brought at least one electronic device from inception to mass production
- BS/MS Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience required)
- Consumer Electronics experience preferred
- A deep understanding of the development cycle (and acronyms!) from Concept > R&D > POC > Proto > EVT > DVT > PVT > Ramp > MP
- Excellent leadership, data presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and broadly to comprehend, communicate, and drive complex design trade-offs
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies
- A results-oriented and dedicated personality with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- A tendency to remain flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and rapid change
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- Extraordinary ability to build relationships
- First hand experience working with off-shore manufacturers and traveling to manufacturing sites; prior OEM management experience
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
The icing on the cake:
- Know all of the entrance and exit criteria for each phase of development by heart
- Strong familiarity with macOS and expertise in Google Sheets (Excel) and Slides (Keynote)
- Experience with compliance labs certifying for FCC, CE, and other regulatory requirements
We are looking for candidates who are strong in several areas and have exposure to or interest in the others. Most of all, we are looking for candidates who see themselves as a meaningful addition to Density’s team and culture.