Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Our team builds the fundamental infrastructure (sensors and software) to make buildings aware of the people in them.
This role will lead product management at Density. You will help shape our software roadmap, partner with our hardware team, and ship product. A background in hardware development is not necessary. We have a preference for former software engineers turned PMs. This role reports to the CEO.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the strategy, roadmap, and product adoption
- Lead collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, and customer-facing teams
- Work directly with the CEO to execute on product initiatives
- Partner closely with Density engineering and marketing team to bring products and features to market
- Deeply understand how companies manage their space and help them create better experiences
- Build MVPs to validate use cases and ensure we’re building the right thing
- Drive timelines and communicate regularly with the broader team
Apply if you have some of the following background:
- Have 5+ years Product Management experience
- Know how to run a strong product demo
- Know how to run a user interview
- Have created best-in-class interfaces that enable users to navigate complexity
- Have experience defining and driving product and go-to-market strategies
- Be a strong writer
- Have a preference for consumer-grade software / hardware experiences
- Be able to dive into code, if needed
- Be able to dive into Figma / Sketch / etc to create or modify a concept
- Be an entrepreneurial product thinker who loves collaborating across the company with engineering, analytics, marketing, design and sales
- Do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful; whether that means writing a QA plan or hunting down the root cause of a user’s frustration
- Exceptional work comes from sweating the details
- Seeking feedback is necessary to improve
- Self-awareness and awareness of others can be a superpower
- Diverse teams build better products
We're looking for candidates who are strong generalist experience. Most of all, we are looking for candidates who fit our values and see themselves as a meaningful addition to Density’s team and culture.
Life at Density
- We have offices in San Francisco, New York City, Syracuse, and cross-functional team members in 16 states and 5 countries. We run a mixed model — co-located in some geos and distributed in others. The ability to work on and willingness to invest in a team with this structure is important.
- We believe culture has more to do with what we value, who we hire, and how we do work than with just being in the same office. That said, we love seeing one another and regularly invest in bringing teams together (post-COVID)
- Above all else, Density values its people. Our team is comprised of individuals always ready to help, eager to learn, and striving to do their best work.