Customer Success /
At Density, we build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. Density can tell you how many people are in any room in real-time, with very high degrees of accuracy, and without invading privacy.
Building Density for scale has been an exercise in patience, creativity, engineering, physics, global logistics, and grit. The most important problem we solve each day, however, is distribution. In other words, what’s the most efficient method of getting our network of sensors online?
Below is a letter to you, a future Density denizen. Should you join us, your role would be Implementation Manager on our Customer Success team. Implementation Managers lead customer deployments to fulfill the final step in distribution — getting sensors successfully installed, online, and accurate.
Density’s people are thoughtful, diverse, driven, and world-class. And we're eager to count you among them.
We count 1 million humans per day. Over the next 18 months, your goal is to help us count 100 million. To do so, we need your help distributing the infrastructure. Tackling the litany of distribution challenges allows us to expand Density’s moat, unlock growth, and help people better understand how space is used.
As an Implementation Manager, you will become an expert on Density’s hardware and software systems. You’ll work directly with customers to support installation and setup. You’ll learn best practices around power, networking, and environmental factors. You will be customer-focused, detail-oriented, and unafraid to dive into technically complex subjects, analyze data, create documentation, and jump on customer calls to help chase down issues.
You’ll lead cross-functional teams to support customer installations, optimize sensor configuration, and help define best practices, internal processes, and tooling to get customers up-and-running smoothly.
About the future
People will inevitably figure out how buildings are used. It’s just a question of time and technology. In our opinion, we’d prefer this future be filled with systems that are fast, accurate, and preserve privacy.
If we can solve the distribution of these systems at scale, it will mean less concrete and lower emissions, less waste, lower costs, better access, safer buildings, and better design. To accelerate this outcome, we need to solve the distribution problem — how do you get an intelligent device into every relevant room in the world?
This, among many other reasons, is why we’re excited to invest in you.
- Drive successful Density deployments
- Become a subject matter expert on Density’s technology capabilities and deployment process
- Scope new customer engagements
- Act as a pre-sales subject matter expert on the scoping and installation process
- Project manage customer implementations
- Configure sensors to meet our high accuracy standards
- Work in cross-functional teams to complete setup tasks and troubleshoot hardware, software, or data-related issues
- Escalate issues that are blocking successful deployment, rally the organization to support and resolve as soon as possible
- Track deployment progress in our internal tools for visibility across the account and executive teams
- Translate customer impact and sense of urgency into actionable tasks for Density internal teams to accomplish
- Ensure the implementation process is as expedient and as seamless as possible for our customers
- Create internal and customer-facing documentation to improve the installation and setup process
- Inform our internal and external product roadmaps to decrease the time and effort required to scope, install, and configure customer programs
- Identify and implement process improvements and/or changes
Preferred Skills, Interests, and Experience
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment owning multiple workstreams
- Can research, troubleshoot and solve complex software issues
- Comfortable with data analysis
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and well-organized
- Empathetic attitude with engineers and customers
- Strong communication skillsBias towards action
- Strong pattern recognition and the ability to diagnose issues and propose solutions to drive efficiencies and improve outcomes
- Prior experience with technical project management, customer success, implementation or support positions for a technology company
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
- A strong team player but still a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
Travel: ~25% to support scoping and installs at customer sites