Director of Brand Marketing
San Francisco, CA /
At Density, we build the infrastructure necessary to measure how people use space. The result of distributing this platform is lower emissions, less waste, better access, safer buildings, and better designed cities. It is a long term pursuit and one we could use your help achieving.
As the Director of Brand Marketing at Density, you own how the world sees, understands, and feels about Density. We’re in the midst of forging a new category and are looking for someone who is excited to bring products to market that are entirely unique, unprecedented, and will change the way humans think about physical space.
In this role you will:
- Build a clear, distinctive, and category-defining brand personality to create brand awareness programs and campaigns
- Create strategies to improve brand awareness with our target markets starting with developing benchmarks, creating and launching brand awareness campaigns, developing a KPI framework to measure success and reporting on the performance
- Lead the PR function, including all PR activities and agency relationships
- Maintain positive relationships with industry analysts
- Collaborate with the executive leadership on thought leadership communication
- Deepen engagement with strategic customers to increase loyalty and create evangelists for the brand
- Manage the campaign calendar -- across all of the company's partnerships, expansions, promotions, campaigns, and events. As such, the position will serve as a key nerve center and traffic manager for the company -- managing execution and message continuity across multiple teams.
- Manage content marketing manager to implement a comprehensive content marketing and owned media (blog and social) strategy
- Manage our creative team to provide design support across the organization and continue to grow the visual brand
- Oversee the design and overall narrative of our website
- Partner with Product Marketing to craft messaging for our core audiences and deliver campaigns around new features and product launches
- Partner with growth marketing teams to drive creative campaigns that work across social, digital, and traditional channels
- Ability to attract, recruit, manage and develop a team
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years' experience in a senior brand marketing or communications role. At least five years of that experience should be working in-house (i.e. not in an agency). Start-up experience is preferred.
- Experience managing and partnering with external PR and media agencies
- An amazing track record as a strong manager and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and has often been referred to as a storyteller or editor
- A proactive leadership style with ability to set priorities, drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues
- A strong understanding of analytics, brand strategy, and research trends, but who can also think outside of the traditional advertising box and shepherd groundbreaking creative campaigns to market
- Demonstrated ability in ideating, creating and implementing large-scale and unique creative brand campaigns. Experience with collecting market data and other external information to deliver a structured and actionable marketing strategy
- Sound judgment, comfort with large responsibility, and the ability to multi-task and to work collaboratively with a number of diverse departmental requests and needs – while protecting and leveraging the equity of Density's brand.