Director of Enterprise Sales, West
San Francisco, CA (or) Remote /
At Density, we build the infrastructure necessary to measure how people use space. The result of distributing this platform is lower emissions, less waste, better access, safer buildings, and better designed cities. It is a long term pursuit and one we could use your help achieving.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, experienced, and self-motivated Director of Enterprise Sales, West who has demonstrated a successful track record of leading a team selling and positioning enterprise software or software-as-a-service enterprise-wide solutions and/or applications into the Enterprise market (F1000s) in a very fast paced environment.
The Director of Enterprise, West will be a thoughtful leader and coach to empower a team of Enterprise Account Executives. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and building high-performing sales teams in growth-stage SaaS businesses. Icing on the cake: familiarity with selling connected hardware and/or exposure to the world of corporate real estate.
In addition to a long and successful track record selling core enterprise business applications, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated strong business acumen and an excellent ability to build executive level relationships.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in an enterprise SaaS closing role; 3-5 years of experience in territory/team leadership roles
- Demonstrated success as a front-line people manager and sales leader
- Strong background in land/expand go-to-market motions
- Proven track record of driving net new logos
- Proven track record of building and leading teams that consistently hit sales targets
- Fluency with a modern sales tech stack and tools (Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc.)
- Expert familiarity with sales forecasting; highly metrics driven
- Ability to recruit, train and develop high-performing individuals
- Experience cultivating an aggressive, customer-friendly and team-oriented sales culture
- Prove ability to work proactively and effectively with Customer Success, Marketing, executive leadership and other teams
- Strong sales foundation: Proven track record of closing large, complex enterprise accounts in a closing role
- Experience applying sales methodologies (MEDDIC, Challenger, etc.) to refine and focus sales team efforts, speeding sales cycles and increasing ASP
- Exceptional speaking and presentation skills — ability to stand in for VP of Sales or CEO, as needed
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the enterprise team hitting bookings targets for the North America West region, representing roughly 50% of combined U.S and Canada GDP
- Coach, mentor and develop an existing team of 4 enterprise account executives while carrying your own individual sales number as a player-coach
- Grow the team with additional highly talented account executive hires through mid-2021 (you will stop carrying your own number to focus fully on sales management, where/when fitting)
- Take ownership of weekly 1:1s, team forecasting, and pipeline management
- Partner closely with Sales Operations, Customer Success, Marketing and other team members to ensure sales team alignment
- Ensure sales team has the resources, coaching and training available to be highly effective sellers