Remote, USA /
At Density, we build one of the most advanced people sensing systems in the world. The product and infrastructure is nuanced and one-of-a-kind. Building this product for scale has been an exercise in patience, creativity, remarkable engineering, laser physics, global logistics, and grit. The team is thoughtful, driven, and world-class.
Why this is an important role
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. While the experience is magical to a customer, the process involved in accomplishing it is complex. We are seeking a talented full-stack engineer to help architect a suite of web-based products for our customers and for ourselves, to transform our data into knowledge.
We design, build, and test with simplicity and scalability in mind — we're looking for someone with a deep understand of the web who shares this passion. If you love designing and building APIs and crafting fine-tuned experiences, we'd love to meet you.
This role reports to our Director of Software Engineering.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience building APIs and web applications
- A deep understanding of Django or a similar web framework (Rails, Flask, CakePHP)
- Experience with relational and non-relational datastores
- Experience with data pipelines and related tech (Kafka, Spark)
- Experience with backend build tools (ex: Make, CI/CD config)
- Experience testing full stack web applications using frameworks and tools
- Strong writing skills, with experience crafting clear and concise documentation
Icing on the cake:
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- DevOps experience (Ansible, Chef, Cloudformation, Docker)
- A good sense of design
- Data visualization experience
- Familiarity with ES6 / ES2015