Enterprise Account Executive, Federal Government
Remote, USA /
At Density, we build the infrastructure necessary to measure how people use space without invading privacy. Using proprietary sensors and deep learning algorithms, our platform accurately and anonymously counts people in real time. Organizations use Density to safely monitor occupancy, improve portfolio management, and enhance operations efficiency of buildings, workplaces, and real estate. Together, Density’s customers manage over 1 billion square feet of real estate. Density was founded in 2014, with offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse, New York.
We’re looking for experienced and self-motivated Account Executives with experience selling to and supporting the US Federal Government. This role exists to sell PropTech solutions to the federal government market, as well as support existing relationships within the GSA, the executive branch, and other federal agencies.
The successful candidate should have a successful track record of EITHER positioning enterprise software or software-as-a-service enterprise-wide solutions OR as a service provider in the real estate industry, supporting the federal government with CRE products or services.
The Account Executive will be a relentless hunter that thrives in an extremely fast paced environment. AE will be responsible for building Density’s government portfolio, identifying and qualifying sales opportunities to engage, manage, and close. Beyond the initial close, the Account Executive will also proactively manage their installed customer base, identifying and driving opportunities to further support clients and enhance Density’s value/ROI.
In addition to a long and successful track record selling core enterprise business applications, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated strong business acumen and an excellent ability to build executive level relationships.
In this role, you will...
- Act as a resource for all things government sales, providing long-range strategic planning for growth of major accounts, managing C-level relationships, and providing industry-specific knowledge
- Developing and providing expertise for all offerings, products, and services applicable to the government space
- Meeting with elected officials and C-level executives within GSA and agencies to build trusting relationships and foster executive sponsorship of Density’s solutions
- Respond to Request For Proposals (RFPs) and negotiate contracts, managing them to completion
- Proactively identify sales opportunities and build an active sales pipeline, ensuring you consistently hit or exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Develop strong working relationships with channel partner sales reps to uncover new opportunities and co-sell to end customers
- Assess prospects’ requirements for Density’s platform & solutions
- Effectively position Density’s offerings to address prospects’ requirements
- Deliver high level demonstration of Density’s platform & solutions, leveraging presale consulting resources as and when necessary
- Collaborate with other functional areas to manage the complexity of an enterprise sales cycle
- Provide accurate forecasting/pipeline information to management coupled with tight management of key performance metrics
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years successful sales track record of prospecting into the federal government
- 5+ years experience either in the software or real estate industries (or both: PropTech)
- Track record of quota attainment/over performance
- Demonstrable track record of managing complex sales cycles, meeting/exceeding sales targets and driving large transactions ($1m+ ACV)
- Proven track record of success in a growth-stage startup, where landing and expanding new business represents 80+% of attainment
- Demonstrable experience working effectively with Customer Success in both a pre-sales and post-sales capacity
- Ability to penetrate accounts and close business without relying on lots of onsites and in-person meetings, a strong plus
- Experience in managing and driving complex opportunities, leveraging partner network, negotiating commercial terms, working collaboratively with other functional teams, and deploying/allocating the appropriate resources to an opportunity
- Proven track record of building relationship at all levels of an organization
- Skill in navigating organizations to find and engage the right contact
- Proven experience of leveraging Salesforce in documenting and tracking sales activity and pipeline
- Familiarity with modern sales tools, including Outreach, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Loom, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and writing skills
- Self-starter with a proven track record of driving successful sales cycles and customer upsells
- Experience working in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Exceptional time-management skills and track record for meeting or exceeding deadlines