Imaging Sensor Engineer
Bay Area, CA (or) Remote
The depth data we use to analyze foot traffic patterns is obtained through the careful orchestration of optics, laser-based IR illumination, and a Time of Flight (ToF) sensor and controller. In order to effectively count people, our sensor must produce clean, consistent data across a wide gamut of environments. To accomplish this, each module needs to be expertly tuned and calibrated.
We’re looking for a engineer to provide expertise on 3D Depth Sensing & Time of Flight. The responsibilities for this role are wide ranging and encompass configuration, assembly, calibration, testing, and validation. We’re looking for someone with a penchant for delivering beautifully tuned imaging devices from prototype to production.
This role reports to the Head of Hardware.
Here's What We're Looking For:
- Experience in imaging sensor development
- Experience with imaging sensor calibration process and equipment
- Strong grasp of Illumination technology (HP LEDs, Edge-Emitting Lasers, VCSELs, etc.)
- Understanding of imaging sensor system-level design trade-offs
- Direct experience with ToF system design and implementation
- Experience evaluating and selecting ToF components
Icing on the Cake:
- Experience with bare metal embedded C / RTOS firmware development
- Knowledge of application software development
- Comfortable working with hardware and interpreting schematics