Embedded Software Engineer - Algorithm
Bay Area, CA (or) Remote
Counting people through a doorway might sound simple. Solved, even. In reality, there are significant and unexpected challenges. Our sensor’s analysis must account for millions of environmental variables; handle odd and unpredictable human behavior; and, to be ubiquitous, must amass its data anonymously. The problem of people count is unsolved and complex; but we’re convinced it’s fundamental, fascinating, and global.
At the core of our method is an image processing algorithm. It understands the direction of objects as they collide and move through a threshold, it’s capable of discerning a door swing from a dog, and it knows when a line has formed.
We’re looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to focus on algorithm development. This spans the scope of tuning the algorithm to run on the SoC as efficiently as possible, designing and implementing data collection experiments, and influencing the algorithm roadmap through identifying key technologies. If optimizing an algorithm for an ARM processor architecture, and targeting GPUs and ISP hardware blocks excites you, we’d love to talk.
This position reports to Density's Head of Hardware.
Here's What We Are Looking For:
- Background in 3D graphics and DSP
- Experience with the ARM architecture
- Experience with image processing algorithms
- Experience profiling hardware platforms
- Understanding of embedded Linux and RTOS firmware development
Icing on the Cake:
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- Experience with OpenGL and OpenCL
- Knowledge of C++11
- Experience with imaging sensors
- Experience working with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, and jtags
- Experience with electrical schematics
- A Github repo or OSS upstream patches