Principal Quality Coach
Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
Make a genuine impact on the growth of Deputy and influence how processes are established as we scale internationally!
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world and our goal to deliver faster with high quality, we're seeking a Principal Quality Coach to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love. You will focus on ensuring our Engineers release the highest quality software quickly and push the team to be world class. You will coach them to have the right testing mindset and be extremely judicious in how they prove the quality of their code.You will be key to driving a quality centric, rapid iteration culture. You will have a growth mindset and always be on the lookout for better ways to do things.This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class delivery and development function.
What you will do.
- You will provide the guidance, inspiration and motivation for our amazing engineers to be better testers.
- Help create a high-quality testing culture
- Push the merits and benefits of TDD
- You will build a culture of continuous improvement towards a world-class testing capability throughout engineering.
- Establish a data-centric, measurable testing focus; how is quality improving; how is risk-reducing; measure the effectiveness of the testing effort; ensure the right things are being tested.
- Work with the SETs to progress the evolution of automated testing
- Visualize testing and quality
- Contribute to the team’s effectiveness and efficiency through setting an example of best practices
- Communicate with product and technical stakeholders
- Be a customer advocate
- Consistently question the value of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Is this the right thing for Deputy?
- You have a passion for technology keeping abreast of where the rest of the world is headed.
How you will do it.
- You have the utmost integrity, be open and honest, collaborative in nature, have a growth mindset and not be afraid to speak your mind when it is in the best interest of Deputy.
- You're balanced, both personally and professionally, who acts with good humour and positivity.
- You have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance and Software Engineering principles and practices
- You command the skill to communicate clearly and effectively.
- You work directly with Engineers, Quality Coaches, Product Managers, and Discipline Heads to ensure the high quality of our software and practices.
- You work with the team to drive the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
What you will need.
- 7+ years software engineering / automated testing experience ideally in a SaaS environment
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts.
- Proven coaching experience in a development team with examples of how you’ve made a significant impact to their testing capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience with test frameworks, automation tools, static and dynamic code analysis
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- A good fundamental understanding of distributed systems, high availability, and high performance.
- Experience with API (REST Web Services) automation
- Sal: 130,000+Super
* Hack Days * Training * Career Development * Flexible Work * Catered lunch * Team Building Events *
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 80 countries, and across 245 different industries. We were #21 in Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Startups 2018, winner of Westpac’s Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018, and #5 in Forbes’ Cloud 100 2018. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out why our employees and customers love us: Jess (Sales) Hannah (UX/UI Design), Louis (Head of Mobile), GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now