Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
Make a genuine impact on the growth of Deputy and influence how processes are established as we scale internationally!
Mission "The Why"
You will wake up every morning knowing that the work you do will help millions of users worldwide.
Responsibilities "The What"
- You will be focusing on our web front-end experiences
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Contribute to and improve our test, build & deployment CI pipelines
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Advocate and champion modern best practices & techniques
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Contribute to the strategic direction of front-end engineering
Competencies "The How"
- Deep understanding of modern HTML+CSS techniques
- Deep understanding of the DOM, browser components & APIs
- Understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, able to build and contribute to design
- Modern UI/Frontend stack, frameworks and techniques. i.e: React, Webpack, SPA, ES6, CSS (flexbox, etc)
- Understanding of Classic JS frameworks jQuery, Mustache, Backbone, or LESS/SASS
- Understanding of Modern JS frameworks, e.g: React, Angular
- Understanding of WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Understanding of Assets & build management tools, e.g: Grunt, Webpack, Babel
- Able to bring to live UX and UI designs. Improvise when needed.
- Deep understanding of industry best practices
- Understanding of TDD/BDD and it's implementation
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and techniques
* Hack Days * Training * Career Development * Flexible Work * Catered lunch * Team Building Events *
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 80 countries, and across 245 different industries. We were #21 in Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Startups 2018, winner of Westpac’s Innovative Business of Tomorrow 2018, and #5 in Forbes’ Cloud 100 2018. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out why our employees and customers love us: Jess (Sales) Hannah (UX/UI Design), Louis (Head of Mobile), GetApp and G2Crowd.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now