Senior Security Engineer
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
This role is remote for the remainder of 2020, & until it is safe to return to the office.
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer with a strong background in information security fundamentals to help us expand the Application Security function at Deputy.
Our Trust team is rapidly expanding!
Trust is the team responsible for ensuring that the Deputy platform lives up to the high expectations of the millions of people using it everyday. We work to continually minimise risk, while ensuring that customers have an excellent experience.
This is your chance to help build the security and privacy team culture you’ve always wanted to work in. We support and encourage Diversity and Inclusion in our hiring process, and welcome a broad variety of skills and experiences into all our roles.
Like many roles in startups, this is a varied position that will work across internal penetration testing, secure development training and advice, building internal security tooling, auditing compliance with policies and procedures, and more you can ask us about in the interview.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have strong experience in information security fundamentals, you have been working in the industry for a number of years, and are looking to use your skills and experience to build a great AppSec function.
- You have a background in software development or actively working with software development teams, we are looking for people who can build automated solutions at scale.
- You are comfortable working with other areas of the business, we are a small team, you’ll need to influence rather than rely on authority.
- You have strong presentation and written documentation skills, working together requires telling a story everyone can understand.
- You are comfortable with taking on a “builder” mindset, you are ready to learn, and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
WHAT YOUR TALENTS ARE
- Familiar with software architecture, able to work with software engineers to understand their project, and give well reasoned opinions on topics larger than security.
- Experience with source code repositories, CI/CD pipelines, and associated security tooling (e.g., GitHub, GitLab, etc).
- Secure SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), DAST (Dynamic Application Security Testing), and SAST (Static Application Security Testing) experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of web application penetration testing, secure coding and source code analysis. Bug Bounty history or presentations at Security Conferences will be highly regarded!
- Experience working at or with early stage startups and/or high growth companies.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now