Senior Android Developer
Want to make a genuine impact in a hyper-growth SaaS product lead company?
With over 90,000 businesses now on the Deputy platform, our team has done exceptionally well in scaling the business and building out product functionality. We've only scratched the surface in terms of what we can do for the global economy. Want to learn more? Apply today!
MISSION: "THE WHY"
As part of the Android team, working closely with our CEO/CTO, Head of Mobile, iOS, QA and design teams, you will be instrumental in delivering a best-in-class mobile product. This position will play a key role working on an application that is used by 1000’s of people every single day, worldwide.
RESPONSIBILITIES: "THE WHAT"
- Driving perfection in technical quality, processes and delivery of Deputy’s Android offering
- Building an externally recognised native Android app that is well-designed and of high quality
- You'll work closely with the design teams and Product Managers to continually iterate and integrate new ideas
- Working in an agile manner and using scrum methodology
- Participate in design and code reviews; contribute to the look and feel of our Android apps
- Coach and train others in your team on best practice
COMPETENCIES: "THE HOW"
- 8+ years experience
- Commercial native Android development experience
- Kotlin experience is essential
- Contributed to the open source community or developed an app in the Play store
- Passionate about good quality code and working in a test-driven, organised manner
- Effective collaborator and communicator with both technical and non-technical team members
- Creative and entrepreneurial, excited about working with the latest technologies
- A curious problem solver who is full of questions and ideas
- Thrives under high levels of autonomy. At the beginning of each sprint, feel empowered to choose what you’d like to and want to do, and be able to back it up with unit and instrument test results
Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics reported over 80 million hourly workers comprising over 60% of the US workforce in 2017. Global estimates are that hourly workers are 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this videos: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now