Lead Software Engineer
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
Mission “THE WHY”
As a Lead Software Engineer (Full Stack), you will lead the build of key technical projects that further the companies products and platforms. In turn, you’ll be progressing our company mission of improving our customers business productivity, wage compliance and employee satisfaction.
You will be working closely with your peers, product, design and leadership to build amazing products and features for the Deputy platform, delivering services and products to millions of users and businesses from small & medium to enterprise.
You wake up every morning knowing with confidence that the work you do, from the user facing experiences to the backend APIs are being used to power the livelihood of millions of users worldwide.
Responsibilities “THE WHAT”
- Make technical decisions, and deliver technical solutions. Use hands-on, technical expertise to drive solutions for a range of challenges. You will be writing code in this role.
- Uphold a high bar of engineering standards and co-ordinate with Infrastructure and Quality
- Collaborate with Product and Design to discover and estimate solution options to key strategic initiatives
- Accountability for delivering technical solutions within estimated timeframes
- Operate in a get-things-done, value demonstrating, iterative manner
- Influence and problem solve with Sr, Mid and Jr. engineers to deliver high quality outcomes. This role may not have direct reports, but your leadership and mentorship will be key to driving the squads to successful outcomes.
- Distribute work to Sr, Mid and Jr. engineers
- Form a key member of the technical leadership team, driving standards, ways of working and platform decision making
- This role is a player-coach
Who you are “THE HOW”
- 3+ years experience as a Lead software engineer on high-performing, architecturally complex consumer products
- Mastery of PHP, or Go would be highly advantageous
- Ability to lead by example, rolling up your sleeves to “show the way”
- Outstanding problem solving skills, finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- Collaborative approach to working with other teams
- Thoughtful approach to leading and mentoring other engineers
- Proactive and effective communication style
- Strong contributor to the maintenance of a open and transparent culture
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now