Senior Front End Developer - Website team
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
This role is remote for the remainder of 2020, & until it is safe to return to the office.
Mission "The Why"
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Developer to take our message to the world by helping shape the user-experience of Deputy.com. Working closely with two Senior Full Stack Developers as part of the Growth team, this is a strategic role aimed at delivering an optimal user experience for all visitors. This represents an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to make a genuine impact in a growing Tech company that has proven itself at every step of the journey to date.
Responsibilities "The What"
- 5 years + experience as a Front End Developer, working on websites
- Translate UX guidelines and design concepts into responsive high-performance web pages
- Create robust and elegant elements using SASS and semantic HTML
- Ensure cross browser/cross platform compatibility
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product marketers to optimise user experience across desktop, tablet and mobile
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
Who you are “THE HOW”
- Deep understanding of the DOM, browser components & APIs
- Understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS/SCSS
- Understanding of Modern JS frameworks (e.g: Vue, React, Angular) is desirable but certainly not a pre-requisite
- Understanding of assets & build management tools, e.g: Grunt, Webpack, Babel
- Able to bring to life UX and UI designs from Sketch files. Improvise when needed.
- Experience with GIT in a team environment
- Understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful APIs is desirable but certainly not a pre-requisite
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now