Senior Product Designer
DEPS – Design /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Senior Product Designer 💖
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to join our scheduling compliance team. You’ll have the opportunity to have a big customer impact, designing a best-in-class experience to help our customers stay compliant and ensure their teams are treated fairly.
The role ⭐️
- Be the primary product designer in a multi-disciplinary squad, with the ability to have lots of influence
- Creatively solve problems to make it easy for customers to schedule and manage their team
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to define the road map
- Understand our customer’s problems through research and data
- Create a vision for the future of compliance on our schedule
- Be an end-to-end product designer, from running research, to working with engineers for pixel-perfect implementation and everything in-between
What we’re looking for 👀
- Someone who is driven by social impact and excited to contribute to a future that's brighter, better, and more inclusive for every shift worker
- Someone with demonstrated experience as a product designer working on software products that have shipped to customers.
- Someone who’s eager to work on simplifying complex problems around legislation
- You have a keen eye for detail and quality
- You proactively collaborate with others to get their perspective and feedback on your work
- You are an excellent storyteller and can explain design decisions clearly
- You are excited to work at a fast-paced growing company and are comfortable with some ambiguity
What makes design at Deputy special 💖
- We share rituals such as design critique/jams/pairings, retros and design strategy days
- Support each other to reach professional and personal goals
- Have clear career pathways and growth opportunities
- Love to share learnings with each other and the design community (follow us on insta @designingdeputy)
- Influence business strategy and impacts business outcomes
- Have a strong team mission, vision, values and a focused design strategy
- Love to spend time with each other, design office days, team social events
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now