Senior Architect - Billing & Finance
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
This role is remote for the remainder of 2020, & until it is safe to return to the office.
Deputy has grown at a phenomenal rate and as such the systems landscape has grown organically with little consideration for the future, which is causing significant pain within the organisation, as a result, a new team is being formed that is responsible for reviewing the entire Business systems application architecture i.e. anything apart from the Deputy product, analysing and documenting the function of each application and delivering a recommended end state architecture, with a practical roadmap for remediation
The Architects are responsible for leading projects, delivering on business imperatives and ensuring any changes conform and drive towards the strategic roadmap
This role sits at the heart of the organisation and is the linchpin between Finance, Go To Market, Product and Engineering. This role owns and is responsible for all the Billing & Finance applications, covering Finance & Support, including systems such as Zuora, Salesforce, Xero, Braintree, PayPal & GoCardless to name a few.
This is a critical role due to the large number of applications that make up the domain, which have overlapping capabilities, require manual intervention or not performing the functions they were designed to accomplish. The Billing & Finance Architect will partner with the Finance team (Ops and Leadership) to ensure applications are fit-for-purpose and are easily extendable for the future.
While delivering the strategic roadmap, the Architect is also responsible for project delivery, gathering requirements, designing the end-to-end solutions and driving delivery of the project, with the assistance of a team of engineers, 3rd party vendors and hands-on configuration of systems (where practical).
It is expected that you will be the broad knowledge expert at the business and technical level for the large number of applications within the domain, have experience working with SaaS and custom built applications and have a proven track record in delivering large, complex projects on time and within parameters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define a strategic roadmap for the Billing & Finance portfolio of applications (domain)
- Architectural Leader for challenging and complex projects that impact on the domain
- Partner with various stakeholders, subject matter experts and execs across the organisation
- Be the broad knowledge expert in the domain
- Lead and deliver projects, both from an architectural and hands-on perspective
- Present solutions to both technical and non-technical team members at all levels of the company
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- Ability to influence others and drive decisions in a highly dynamic and customer-focused environment. Must have the ability to listen, understand and persuade.
- Solid background working in a SaaS environment with practical experience in delivering projects across Billing, CPQ, ERP and Payment Gateways
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Able to work autonomously
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, frenetic startup where no two days are the same
- Previous Vendor Management experience (nice to have)
- Budget responsibility for SaaS platforms (nice to have)
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now