IT Operations Engineer
Core Operations – IT /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
About The Team
The Corporate Engineering team at Deputy delivers technology, strategy and solutions to the business, and our core mission is to enable and empower Deputies with best in class technology. We are a small and mighty team with a global impact. We’re respected and trusted by people on every team, and we work hard every day to earn that privilege. We balance our time between projects, strategy and support. Our primary job is to “keep the lights on,” keep Deputies connected, and our work is critical to the business.
About The Job
As an IT Operations Engineer on the Corporate Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for support of our employees and the day-to-day operations of our corporate infrastructure at Deputy. This is all about support, and it’s an internal role, supporting the corporate business and Deputy employees. You’re excited about support — our customers are the folks that build the product, support customers, and run the business. You thrive on variety, from troubleshooting an iPhone app, to finding the right cable, to learning how to admin a new system, and all while being happy to help with issues that pop up. We have a ton of work to do, so you’re keen to help find areas to jump in and improve.
What you'll do:
- You’ll be the first line of support and customer facing
- You’ll work on tickets, chat, and in-person/walk up support for employees in our office. You’ve got experience using a ticketing system and chat, such as zendesk or JIRA, and #slack.
- We’re Mac focused. You know how to troubleshoot, use the terminal, and how to make macOS work in the enterprise.
- You’ll help with on-site work at our HQ in Sydney, including provisioning new hire laptops, receiving inventory, and desk moves and related IT facilities tasks. You’ll support SaaS applications — Google Workspace, Slack, Meet, 1Password, etc.
- You’ll work with Mac endpoint and mobile device management apps.
- You’ll admin SSO tools, such as Okta.
- Document your solutions, create help articles and identify ways to automate or fix busywork.
- Manage, respond to, and fix critical incidents and issues and escalate as needed.
- Some work outside of hours where reasonable and necessary (i.e. work after primary business hours to minimize disruption if needed.)
- You’ll work on projects that will deliver improvements to our users and document as you go.
What you've got:
- 1-2+ years in a regional or global role in/with international offices; you’ve worked with various forms of support requests.
- You’ve provided remote support to people in multiple countries, across time zones, and you’re familiar with shipping and receiving hardware and customs. Exceptionally great communication skills across all media - you can make your ideas clear, and you can help people who might be frustrated or time poor without losing your cool.
- You write extremely well, whether it’s in tickets, email or #slack, and you’re not a robot.
- A desire to provide a great experience for others - when they win, you win.
- You take security seriously.
- You’ve worked in a startup or tech company; this is controlled chaos and you thrive in it.
- You understand networking fundamentals and basic troubleshooting
- You can self-manage, and can accurately plan your day between inbound requests.
- You’re comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and sometimes making the right decision without all the data.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now