Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
MISSION? “THE WHY”
As the Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you will be working closely with your peers, product, design and leadership to foster a culture of resilience across the Deputy platform, knowing that the work you do enables millions of users worldwide.
You have a knack for fostering a culture of good, knowing that what is seen isn’t everything. You’re able to provide the tooling and capabilities across all teams to provide them with the information they need to better understand how their work contributes to all aspects of the Deputy platform, and how they can look to improve.
RESPONSIBILITIES “THE WHAT”
- Embed and improve technologies and uses of monitoring and logging tools for comprehensive observability.
- Align with the Engineering and Product teams to improve their ability to manage their own platform components, and implement software-based solutions to increase observability and automatically react to adverse situations.
- Contribute to the incident management and on-call rotations across the Deputy platform and infrastructure.
- Engage with product engineering squads to embed a culture.
- Remove resilience up-front, ensuring that reliability is a first-class citizen during the software development process.
- Own the production readiness, monitoring, and capacity planning across the Deputy platform.
WHO YOU ARE “THE HOW”
- Pragmatic engineer who can combine software and systems engineering to build and run large scale, distributed, fault tolerant systems.
- Have a solid understanding of the nature of and common problems with distributed systems, especially when it comes to architecting, maintaining, and debugging them.
- Capable of working with multiple programming languages for multiple purposes. We primarily use Go, PHP, JS, and Python, with Terraform for our Infrastructure as code. You have knowledge of an array of cloud native technologies, such as Hashicorp Vault, Open Telemetry, OpenAPI, and gRPC.
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders of both technical and non-technical capabilities.
- Strong grasp and comfort level with containers and various virtualisation technologies, primarily Docker, ECS/ECR, and Kubernetes (EKS).
- Strong understanding and exposure to cloud environments, primarily AWS.
- Good understanding and experience with various storage and caching technologies, and their influence on the reliability within a complex system. We use Aurora MySQL, Redis, and RDS MySQL.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now