Manager, Technical Support EMEA
DEP – Technical Support /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with our longer term vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS workforce management company designed to simplify employee scheduling, time and attendance tracking, and task management for businesses. We are headquartered in Sydney (AU) and San Francisco (USA), with offices in Melbourne (AU), and London (UK). We’ve helped employers across all industries in 70+ countries optimize their workforce and improve operational efficiency. As a fast-growing tech company, Deputy offers an exciting and dynamic work environment with opportunities for career growth and development.
Currently, our employees work in a hybrid world with a flexible office space in London.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
We’re looking for an exceptional Technical Support leader to lead our Escalated Support team. The successful candidate will thrive on developing others, developing successful effective teams with a customer-first mindset.
The position provides high level management for the teams responsible for escalated issues, and custom work discussions for our SaaS product. In this player/coach role you will help to deliver world class support to our global customer base in both a technical and non-technical format.
You will need to work closely with multiple teams spanning across the globe and the business to allow us to deliver world class Support.
An ability of self-learning and curiosity, and willing to advocate for the customer will set the successful candidate on a path to success.
- Building a high-performing, world class support team
- Day-to-day leadership of the Escalated EMEA Customer Support team, working in conjunction with our tier 1 specialists in the Philippines, APAC and AMER based Escalated Customer Support Team
- Driving continuous improvement by updating internal processes and implementing best practices through timely feedback, weekly 1:1 meetings and team building
- Respond to Escalation issues raised by our customers
- Reviewing SLAs and SLTs for Escalated Support
- Ensuring the team has the training, coaching, and the tools necessary to improve customers’ experience in their interactions with Support and to be highly-skilled and effective problem solvers
- Develop strong relationships with the Product and Engineering teams to maintain the voice of the customer
- Provide insights to our product teams to help improve the Product
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on Deputy releases
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Technical Support Manager; at least 5 years of experience in an advanced customer support role or equivalent is preferred
- 2 years of experience with leading teams as a high performer
- Experience with dealing with direct customer escalations
- Customer first attitude with a history of going above and beyond customer expectations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to talk to customers of varying technical levels, from a wide range of industries
- Willingness and want to share skills and knowledge
- You have demonstrated the ability to identify root causes and implement corrective actions to build long term customer loyalty
- Understanding of Support data including use of CSAT, First Response and Resolution times, Cost per conversation, and other KPIs
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and provide solutions for a broad range of problems
- Ability to work efficiently and reliably with minimal supervision
- Experience with common support tools such as Intercom, Zendesk and Jira
- Highly collaborative working environment
- Flexible co-working space in central London at Uncommon Liverpool St
- Free happy hours, afternoon tea, networking, and professional events
- Employee stock ownership from Day 1
- Employee pension matching programme
- Private health and dental insurance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Flexible holiday time, including 2 celebration days per year for those special moments
- Work from home stipend to help you get set up and succeed from home
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.