Software Engineer - Implementations
DEPS – Engineering /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
You will work as part of our fantastic CX Engineering team. You will be welcomed & nurtured from day 1, and be part of a group of very talented, helpful, friendly Deputees.
MISSION? “THE WHY”
- As an Implementation Software Engineer, you will build bespoke solutions on top of Deputy's core product for major enterprise clients.
- You will drive implementation projects and directly impact the growth of our business and the bespoke solutions you make often becomes part of our core product.
OUTCOMES “THE WHAT”
- Building custom features on top of Deputy’s core product using Deputy DeXML scripts as well as Reports and Custom Apps within the Deputy product
- Creating integrations with third-party systems such as Payroll providers, Accounting systems, Single Sign-On providers, etc.
- Dealing with APIs (investigation, reading, writing to, etc.)
- Assisting our customers and the Deputy team with Deputy’s API, scripting and technical product knowledge
COMPETENCIES “THE HOW”
- Ability to visualise solutions to complex problems and write dynamic reusable code whilst maintaining scalability and efficiency.
- Computer Science/Software Development Accreditation
- (Additional languages/exposure to SOAP APIs are advantageous)
- Experience working on projects or Business Analyst role
- Able to work autonomously and under critical deadlines whilst providing the quality that our clients demand
- You must have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to deal effectively with clients that have both technical and non-technical staff.
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now