Customer Success Manager, Mid Market
Customer Success – Customer Success Management /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
Our Customer Success team is passionate, creative, and customer-centric. We help advise and guide a wide variety of global customers from industries like healthcare to entertainment to retail and many more. Our key focus is empowering customers to utilise Deputy’s tools to achieve strategic outcomes and help them grow their businesses into thriving workplaces. As a team we value the diverse perspectives and experiences each team member brings to the table and are looking for individuals who are passionate about having a huge part in building a best in class experience for our customers.
Our mid-market customer segment is rapidly growing. As a Customer Success Manager, Mid-market, you will manage the success for a portfolio of high-growth mid-market customers. Your primary focus will be enabling your portfolio of customers to accomplish their desired business outcomes with a journey that leaves them delighted with their experience.
You will become a trusted advisor to your clients, with regular touch points that build confidence and a relationship with the Deputy platform. You will understand your customers' businesses and core needs to easily identify new ROI and adoption opportunities. You will work closely with the Sales, Product, and Marketing organisations to build customer advocacy and ensure retention of your book business.
- Identify and proactively engage with your customers one on one at key moments of the customer lifecycle to prevent churn, handle escalations, uncover strategic growth opportunities, drive success and empower them to grow on the Deputy platform
- Drive an increase of adoption (Health Score), and NDR (Net Dollar Retention) for your customers
- Be a trusted advisor to customers by consulting on Deputy and the trends in workforce management, the time & attendance industry and the wider ecosystem
- Advocate for the customer by representing their feedback and issues internally to improve customer satisfaction and the overall Deputy platform
- Support implementation and renewals of your customers by being a key resource to the Implementation and Account Management functions
- Collaborate on high-priority internal projects that evolve the Customer Success function to better meet our customers needs
- 2+ years with relevant customer-facing experience in a B2B customer success or a relationship management role, ideally from one of the following industries: SAAS, cloud, marketing, media, payroll, HR or time & attendance.
- Relevant work experience or Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing and driving success at scale in a portfolio of mid-sized accounts
- Passionate about being the voice of the customer internally, and comfortable with working cross-functionally to drive customer outcomes
- An ability to understand client objectives and think strategically/ creatively on ways to achieve them
- Comfortable with testing new approaches to drive customer engagement and success throughout the customer lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels in a business, in particular a strong telephone presence and web presentation skills are all essential
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent computer skills, and passion for technology
- Previous use of a CRM system
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, ever changing startup environment
- Ability to travel as needed
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now