At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
We’re passionate about designing product and brand experiences which are delightful and intuitive, experiences which simplify shift work for our customers.
As Product Designer you’ll be responsible for designing user experiences for our web and mobile apps which are used by millions of shift workers everyday. In collaboration with product managers and engineers, you’ll be involved in the whole end-to-end development cycle from the initial research and ideation through to to implementation and iteration based on user-feedback and data insights. You’ll be passionate about designing experiences which people love, seeking to intimately understand who our users are, creating solutions which ultimately make shift work more enjoyable.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Help define the vision, product direction and broaden the scope of what’s possible for your squad
- Conduct research to expand our knowledge of our target segment customers, deeply understand their problems and validate design direction/ decisions
- Distil complex problems into elegant solutions that integrate seamlessly into the wider Deputy ecosystem
- Design delightful, consistent user experiences utilising Copilot (our design system)
- Collaborate and work with engineers and product managers, taking them on the design journey/process
- Strike a perfect balance of delivering value to customers efficiently and elevating the Deputy experience iteratively
- Utilise data to better understand our customers, make informed design decisions, and continually iterate on designs
- Be an advocate for design within Deputy, actively demonstrating the value of user-centric design
- Ensure designs are inclusive and accessible to a wide range of users
- Be adaptive to a fast-paced, flexible product development environment
- Live and breathe the Deputy Design team values
You’ll be skilled at:
- Thinking strategically by managing both user and business goals
- Articulating design decisions and insights to stakeholders and coworkers
- Owning the design process from research to implementation
- Using design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism and feedback
- You’ve worked at a software company serving 1000s of customers
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now