Senior Product Designer
DEP (Design, Engineering, Product) – Design /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices also in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working environment. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Senior Product Designer 🏝
We’re looking for a talented Senior or Lead Product Designer to join our Leave squad and support our wider HR ambitions with a direct report. You’ll have the opportunity to have a big customer impact, designing a best-in-class leave experience for over 1 million managers and shift workers around the world.
The role ⭐️
- Be the primary product designer in a multi-disciplinary squad, with the ability to have lots of influence
- Support the growth of your direct report through mentorship and coaching
- Creatively solve problems to help customers get the most out of Deputy across web and mobile
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to define the road map
- Understand our customer’s problems through research and data
- Create a vision for the future of Leave and HR in Deputy
- Be an end-to-end product designer, from running research, to working with engineers for pixel-perfect implementation and everything in-between
What we're looking for 👀
- Someone with demonstrated experience as a product designer working on software products that have shipped to customers.
- You are a seasoned product designer who is keen to stay on the tools while managing
- You are keen to grow your people management skills and support the growth of other designers
- You are an excellent communicator: thoughtful, courageous and kind
- You have a keen eye for detail and quality
- You proactively collaborate with others to get their perspective and feedback on your work
- You are an excellent storyteller and can explain design decisions clearly
- You are excited to work at a fast-paced growing company and are comfortable with some ambiguity
- We value unique perspectives and experiences to make our broader design team stronger.
What makes design at Deputy special 💖
- Shares rituals such as design critique/jams/pairings, retros and design strategy days
- Supports each other to reach professional and personal goals
- Has clear career pathways and growth opportunities
- Loves to share learnings with each other and the design community (follow us on insta @designingdeputy)
- Influences business strategy and impacts business outcomes
- Has a strong team mission, vision, values and a focused design strategy
- Loves to spend time with each other, design office days, team social events
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now