Account Executive - SMB
Sales – Sales SMB /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices also in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working environment. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
As an SMB Account Executive, you will identify and qualify new opportunities to sell Deputy’s all-in-one scheduling and timekeeping solution. You will work with small to medium-sized businesses spanning our core verticals of Hospitality, Retail, and Healthcare. You will work inbound leads as well as be responsible for creating and managing your own outbound leads and pipeline. You will drive the full sales cycle from running discovery and demonstration through to negotiation and close.
What the job involves:
- You should love asking questions and learning. Running really good Discovery is the key to your success, and you will need to get to the root of problems and identify opportunities where Deputy can help customers thrive.
- Stand out by providing personalised experiences and solution demonstrations to prospective customers. A little bit of personalisation goes a long way, so let you’re passion, curiosity, and creativity shine through in your sales process.
- You will demo the Deputy solution and position yourself as the expert and the guide. You are responsible for showing how to use Deputy to simplify administration, solve staffing problems, engage employees, and save money.
- Manage your pipeline of leads and opportunities like a small business. You will work inbound leads that come through as new trials or enquiries on the website. But you will also be responsible for identifying and pursuing your own outbound leads to fill your pipe.
- Manage objections and obstacles with compassion and confidence. Listen to learn and show the customer they have been heard as a way to build trust and get to the root of problems.
- You should be organised, effectively using Salesforce.com to manage your pipeline and forecast your sales. You will also build mutual action plans to keep customers on track and deals progressing.
- You believe that working in a team yields greater outputs and collaboration is a key to your own success. You ask for feedback, value honesty, and speak thoughtfully.
- Be human. After all, we’re just a bunch of humans interacting with other humans. No robots, please.
- You tech stack includes Salesforce, Groove, Chilipiper, Drift, ZoomInfo, Postal.io, Google Suite, and LinkedIn.
- Ideally 2+ years of sales experience in a B2B SaaS sales environment. Open to eclectic backgrounds. Experience in one of our core verticals of Hospitality, Retail, or Healthcare is a plus.
- Experience in sourcing, managing and closing outbound leads
- Numbers and KPI-focused. Proven experience achieving and pushing past goals and quotas. Be able to tell the story of what you did to get the results you achieved.
- A strong mix of tenacity, compassion, and patience to help educate potential customers.
- Driven and optimistic attitude combined with an always-learning mindset. Work well under pressure and are able to amplify an already fast-paced and growing sales environment.
- Solid level of autonomy, braced by excellent communication, time-management, and prioritisation skills. Ability to successfully work independently in a non-structured environment.
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now