DEP (Design, Engineering, Product) – Design /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices also in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
We have a hybrid working environment. #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Deputy, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
Product Designer 🌱
We’re looking for a talented Product Designer to join our Mobile Growth team. You’ll have the opportunity to have a big customer impact, designing a best-in-class, personalised onboarding experience for new customers.
The role ⭐️
- Be the primary product designer in a multi-disciplinary squad, with the ability to have lots of influence
- Help coach and support another designer in the growth team
- Creatively solve problems to help customers get the most out of Deputy across web and mobile
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Leads to define the road map
- Understand our customer’s problems through research and data
- Create a vision for the future of our mobile apps on iOS and Android
- Be an end-to-end product designer, from running research, to working with engineers for pixel-perfect implementation and everything in-between
What we’re looking for 👀
- Someone with demonstrated experience as a product designer working on software products that have shipped to customers.
- You have a growth mindset, biasing towards a test and learn approach
- You have a good understanding of platform conventions across iOS and Android
- You have a keen eye for detail and quality
- You proactively collaborate with others to get their perspective and feedback on your work
- You are an excellent storyteller and can explain design decisions clearly
- You are excited to work at a fast-paced growing company and are comfortable with some ambiguity
What makes design at Deputy special 💖
- We share rituals such as design critique/jams/pairings, retros and design strategy days
- Support each other to reach professional and personal goals
- Have clear career pathways and growth opportunities
- Love to share learnings with each other and the design community (follow us on insta @designingdeputy)
- Influence business strategy and impacts business outcomes
- Have a strong team mission, vision, values and a focused design strategy
- Love to spend time with each other, design office days, team social events
Why join? 🤔
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Our mission 🚀
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now