Lead Applications Architect - Business Systems
San Francisco /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
This role is remote for the remainder of 2020, & until it is safe to return to the office.
Deputy has grown at a phenomenal rate and as such the systems landscape has grown organically with little consideration for the future, which is causing significant pain within the organisation, as a result, a new team is being formed that is responsible for reviewing the entire Business systems application architecture i.e. anything apart from the Deputy product, analysing and documenting the function of each application and delivering a recommended end state architecture, with a practical roadmap for remediation
The Architects are responsible for leading projects, delivering on business imperatives and ensuring any changes conform and drive towards the strategic roadmap
This role sits at the heart of the organisation and is the linchpin between Go To Market Operations, G&A, Product and Engineering. This role owns and is responsible for all the Go To Market applications, covering Marketing, Sales, CX & Support, including systems such as Salesforce, Hubspot, Adobe & Intercom to name a few.
This is a critical role due to the large number of applications that make up the domain, which have overlapping capabilities, require manual intervention or not performing the functions they were designed to accomplish. The Go To Market Architect will partner with the Go To Market team (Ops and Leadership) to ensure applications are fit-for-purpose and are easily extendable for the future.
While delivering the strategic roadmap, the Architect is also responsible for project delivery, gathering requirements, designing the end-to-end solutions and driving delivery of the project, with the assistance of a team of engineers, 3rd party vendors and hands-on configuration of systems (where practical).
It is expected that you will be the broad knowledge expert at the business and technical level for the large number of applications within the domain, have experience working with SaaS and custom built applications and have a proven track record in delivering large, complex projects on time and within parameters.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Define a strategic roadmap for the Go-To-Market portfolio of applications (domain)
- Architectural Leader for challenging and complex projects that impact on the domain
- Partner with various stakeholders, subject matter experts and execs across the organisation
- Be the broad knowledge expert in the domain
- Lead and deliver projects, both from an architectural and hands-on perspective
- Present solutions to both technical and non-technical team members at all levels of the company
HOW YOU'LL DO IT
- Ability to influence others and drive decisions in a highly dynamic and customer-focused environment. Must have the ability to listen, understand and persuade.
- Solid background working in a SaaS environment with practical experience in delivering projects across Sales, CRM, Marketing and PRM (at least 2)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Able to work autonomously
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, frenetic startup where no two days are the same
- Previous Vendor Management experience (nice to have)
- Budget responsibility for SaaS platforms (nice to have)
-WeWork offices in Atlanta, GA and San Francisco, CA
-Employee Stock Ownership
-Competitive Compensation Packages
-Annual Development Budget
-Fully Paid Health benefits (for individuals)
-Commuter Reimbursement Program
-Flexible Work Schedule
WHY JOIN DEPUTY?
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.