DEP – Engineering /
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world of hourly work “works”. Businesses that use Deputy unlock thriving workplaces – one where staff are engaged and empowered, customers are served well, businesses are legally compliant, and companies profits thrive. For decades, software has primarily driven innovation in knowledge work businesses (Slack, Zoom, Asana, Notion), rather than hourly work businesses (think cafes, retail, manufacturing, medical clinics) – we are here to change that!
Deputy is a global cloud SaaS workforce management software company, HQ'd in Sydney (AU), San Francisco, and London (UK). We’ve helped 10s of millions of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, run thriving businesses.
We have crossed $100m ARR, with strong financial stability and backed by leading US/Global investors. Our Target Market is about 60% of the world’s workforce, an ambitious vision, matched with an incredible values-led culture. Come join us!
MISSION? “THE WHY”
As a Software Engineer, you will be working closely with your peers, product, design and leadership to build amazing products and features for the Deputy platform, delivering services and products to millions of users and businesses from small & medium to enterprise.
You wake up every morning knowing with confidence that the work you do, from the user facing experiences to the backend APIs are being used to power 100,000s of workplaces and the livelihood of 1,000,000s of users worldwide.
Responsibilities “THE WHAT”:
- Design and implement software solutions -- with consideration to high performance, high quality systems and applications using modern industry best practices
- Align with our Design, Engineering and Product principles to build product & technical solutions that drive customer value with quality and performance
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Engage in technical discussion of solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
Who you are “THE HOW”:
- You are a skilful engineer with high standards, passion for quality and a few years of experience under your belt.
- Solid computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures.
- Expertise in API design (REST & RPC) and its frameworks. We use protobuf, gRPC, OpenAPI
- Experience with building service oriented architecture, microservices, and modern techniques and tools around it. We use Docker, ECS, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc
- Experience in a few persistence, storage and caching mechanisms. We use MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, S3, OpenSearch etc
- Understanding of what it takes to build reliable, scalable and resilient systems using modern best practices, e.g: Caching, monitoring, tracing, eventual consistency, queues, load balancing, circuit breaking, etc.
- Exposure to Classic & Modern JS frameworks as well as the browser ecosystem. We use jQuery, Mustache, Backbone, LESS/SASS, Vue, WebSockets, Local Storage
- Experience with modern build, techniques, architectures and practices. We use AWS, ECS, Lambda, Docker, Jenkins, etc
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
Learn More About Deputy
Best Employee Scheduling Software 2023 (Forbes Advisor)
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.